Wednesday 6 March 2013

MAC Pro Palette Refil Pans - Cranberry, Brule and Woodwinked

Today I'm going to write about my guilty pleasure - my MAC Pro Palette. Guilty because of the price - £10 for an eyeshadow is expensive. Ridiculously so. I could buy food or some other unexciting and uninspiring item (bus fare). But that doesn't mean that every time I go to use it I don't get a little flutter, a little buzz. It is something to work towards, something I really do feel is a treat (when I get a new pan). So when bonus day came around... well....
Readers, meet Woodwinked. It is described as a warm antique gold, and I'd agree. In the pan it does look very dark but once on the eye it looks lovely. And bronze. Against blue eyes? Utterly fantastic. It is very wearable, something suitable for day but with a cat eye and some false lashes, just as appropriate for night.

MAC eyeshadows apply like a dream- easily blendable, highly pigmented and is effortless (this is probably why the small fortune I spend is easier to swallow). This is the third eyeshadow in my collection, the others being Brule and the infamous Cranberry.
I've included swatches of all my shadows (dry with no primer) as they do compliment each other. Brule is a great shade for using on the brow bone. The assistant in MAC helped me pick this out as I didn't want a shimmery base. Cranberry needs no introduction, a berry pink which looks great for a crease shade or dramatic as a main part of a smokey eye.

So why go for a palette? It is £12 for a single potted shadow, whereas £10 for a refil and because I knew I would be buying more than one, it seemed logical to get the palette for £6.50 Plus I'm more likely to use them!

Do you agree with my choices? Would you choose a different combination?

2 comments:

  1. That is such a pretty palette, I need some MAC eyeshadows in my life!

    www.themakeupdirectory.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably would have gone for very similar colours - I think you've got a good combo there Charlie! I love how Cranberry looks but I'm just not sure I'm brave enough to pull it off! I'm dying to get my hands on a MAC palette and this post has made me want one even more!
    Kerry | Kerralina x
    P.S. I'm having a giveaway if you wanted to take a peek!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

© Charlie & The Beauty Factory, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena